The Everest Base Camp Heli Trek is a less strenuous trek in the vicinity of Mount Everest that starts with a 30-minute scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla airport, known for being one of the most challenging airports. The trek takes place in Sagarmatha National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and offers a blend of adventure and breathtaking views. Adventurers and photographers find this trip particularly stunning. The trek starts in Namche, the hub of tourism and trade in the Khumbu region, also known as the Sherpa capital. The market, cultural museum, and restaurants in Namche will delight visitors, and the hike to Thame village offers a chance to learn about Tibetan Buddhism and enjoy peaceful surroundings. This Heli tour will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience that will test your limits and immerse you in natural beauty, away from the comforts of everyday life. You’ll get to traverse famous trekking trails, witness an amazing mountain panorama, including Mount Everest, and experience the Sherpa kingdom.
Major Highlights of Everest Heli Trek with Kalapathher Landing
Adventure Walk & Scenic Flight
The highlight of the trek is reaching the Base Camp of the highest mountain in the world, where you will witness panoramic views of the surrounding peaks, including Mount Everest. The trek also offers a glimpse into the unique Sherpa culture and their way of life. With opportunities to acclimatize, explore vibrant villages, and relax in comfortable lodges, this trek is a perfect blend of adventure and comfort.
Breakfast at Everest View Hotel
Visiting the Sherpa museum, National Park museum, and Thame village enriches your knowledge about the Sherpa culture and the history of mountaineering in the region. The helicopter ride to Everest Base Camp provides an up-close view of the world’s tallest peak and the glaciers, adding to the excitement and thrill of the trek. The entire trek through Sagarmatha National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, showcases the diverse flora and fauna, and diverse culture and traditions of the region. The journey ends with a scenic flight back to Kathmandu and a lifetime of memories.
Helicopter Flight over Khumbu Region
Helicopter flight in the Everest region offers a lifetime opportunity to experience the world-class view of the tallest mountain and its surrounding terrain. The scenic flight takes you over the Khumbu valley, glaciers, and to the base camp, offering a bird’s eye view of the entire region. The experience of flying over the Himalayas and witnessing the panoramic views of the highest peaks is truly breathtaking. It is an ideal option for travelers who want to experience the thrill of the mountains without the physical challenge of trekking.
Best time for Everest Trekking
The ideal period for visiting Everest is from April to June, when the weather is clearer and the surrounding area comes to life. The lush forests in the region are particularly vibrant during this time, making the trek a truly memorable experience. The spring and autumn months are much warmer than winter, and are therefore the preferred time for most travelers to visit.
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu such as Pashupatinath Temple, Swyambhunath Stupa, Patan Durbar Square, and Boudhanath Stupa.
- Exploration of diverse exotic flora and fauna in UNESCO World Heritage Site- Sagarmatha National Park.
- Trek with beautiful mountain animals like Yak, Donkeys, Horses, and Dzho.
- Experiencing Tibetian Buddhism and its correspondence while trekking in the Everest Region.
- Rich sherpa culture, traditions, and practices
- Amazing landscapes and picturesque scenery all around the trekking.
- Exploration of beautiful ancient and biggest sherpa villages like Thame and Namche.
- Exploration of Sherpa museum and national park museum in Namche Bazaar.
- Helicopter flight over Everest base camp, Kala Patthar, and Khumbu region.
- Panoramic views of the world’s highest mountains like Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Pumori, and numerous neighboring mountains.